just a While Ago - On 20 April in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
- 2014 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
- 2013 - Analysis - PepsiCo merger talk suggests potential US$60bn beverage sale
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality.
Grupo Modelo has warned that the current levels of discounting in the sluggish US beer market are unhealthy for the industry.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched the first television advert of its FIFA World Cup ‘Celebrations’ campaign.
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the World Whiskies Conference.
The president of InBev's UK & Ireland division, Stuart McFarlane, has revealed plans to develop the company's Stella Artois brand in the UK in an attempt to turn it into the "pioneering brand" in its category.
This year's Australian wine harvest is expected to come in almost a third down on 2006, according to recent figures.
In the final session of last week's World Whiskies Conference, six members of the industry were invited up on stage and asked what they felt was the single biggest challenge the whisky business faced. The diversity of answers, from international tax liberalisation to the challenge of white spirits, alcohol abuse to the power of the supermarkets, demonstrated the complex and challenging environment whisk(e)y producers currently operate in.
Drinks producers are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their approach to the sponsorship of sports and entertainment events, taking ever more care to find the right vehicle to match their brand and its consumers. With several drinks companies recently moving into motor racing sponsorship for the first time, Deirdre Mason and Keith Nuttall look at what sponsorships have to offer and what the drinks companies are looking for.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has taken a major step towards securing South African clearance for its takeover of SABMiller....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends