just a While Ago - On 2 June in...
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Chris Losh has had a rather unsavoury moment with a natural wine. Brace yourselves.
How can the wine industry shake-off its navel-gazing, elitist image? Embrace the unusual and the revolutionary, argues Chris Losh.
- 2012 - just-drinks Closed - Queen's Diamond Jubilee
- 2011 - Comment - FIFA Mess Creates Sticky Situation for Sponsors
The sound of popping Champagne corks has returned in some key export markets, but the recovery remains delicate.
The debate over front-of-pack nutritional labelling has divided opinion sharply. As the relative merits of guideline daily amounts (GDA) and 'traffic lights' are being widely discussed in the UK and the EU, Annette Farr believes having a single, unified system that consumers can readily understand and trust is the key priority.
- 2008 - Comment - Wine – Small World
The London International Wine Fair always offers a wide variety of exhibitors, including a healthy representation from less well-known regions. Chris Losh took the opportunity of last month's fair to investigate some smaller but clearly ambitious wine producers from India, the Pacific north-west of the US and Israel.
Champagne has a problem very few wine regions currently face. It does not make enough wine to meet demand. Many believe the only way forward is to expand the vineyard area but, writes Chris Losh, expansion would be a political minefield and not all agree that it is the best course of action in any case.
The global spirits industry continued to polarise last year, according to a new report. In 'Spirits Companies Strategic Overview,' beverage industry analysts Canadean has warned that how much further the industry can consolidate going forward is questionable.
With the Chinese soft drinks market dominated by Coke and Pepsi and local brands, what are the real chances of success for other international players? Will Clark of Atradius, one of the world's leading credit insurance companies, weighs up the odds.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Coca-Cola Japan has launched a peach-flavoured water under the Glaceau brand, which it claims may help consumers sleep better. ...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World