just a While Ago - On 16 September in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Poland's spirits industry has urged the country's prime minister not to press ahead with plans for a 15% rise in tax on the category.
The Czech government has ramped up an emergency crackdown on bootleg alcohol and issued a blanket ban on spirits above 20% abv.
Diageo has created a new business unit in North America for up-and-coming drinks brands in its portfolio.
United Spirits has lined up the acquisition of majority control of Indian drinks firm Pioneer Distilleries.
Asahi has denied interest in acquiring the Orangina business, following claims that it may launch a bid to rival Suntory, according to a report.
Constellation Brands has said it is eyeing expansion on Russia's wine market, with the opening a susbidiary group in the country.
Bacardi has been tipped as the most likely winner for the hand of Vin & Sprit, should the Swedish company be put up for sale.
Brown-Forman has insisted it remains committed to "rebuilding" its Italian wine brand Bolla after selling its namesake winery.
The Mexican government wants to reduce the tax on beer if sold in reusable bottles, to encourage brewers to use more environmentally friendly products.
Shares in Allied Domecq dipped early yesterday after comments from AC Nielsen suggested a mixed picture for the company.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends