just a While Ago - On 16 February in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in…
Coca-Cola HBC does not have its problems to seek, and profits at the company have more than halved since FY2007. But having already suffering through Europe's financial crisis and softening demand for CSDs, the company can now add rising concentrate prices to its list of headaches.
I got quite angry yesterday. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. But, when Beam Inc advised us that it is abandoning its plans to lower the abv of its Maker's Mark brand, I got eye-rollingly annoyed.
Heineken has declined to comment on a report that it is seeking to acquire Brazil's third largest brewer, Grupo Petropolis.
The Champagne industry's ruling council has said that there is more work to do to rebuild consumer demand, despite a series of sales rebounds for some of the sector's biggest players.
Asahi Breweries plans to launch more versions of its robot bartender, Mr Asahi, in UK bars as part of a plan to significantly increase beer sales in the country.
French bottled water giant Groupe Danone has said that it will make its Evian and Volvic brands "plastics neutral" in the UK.
Vin & Sprit has announced a collaboration with Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West for its vodka brand Absolut in the US.
Asian soft drinks consumption continues to rise, according to recent figures.
Cailfornian wine producer Wente Vineyards has gatecrashed a rock 'n' roll scene long dominated by spirits and beer with a tie-up with US rock group Foreigner.
Pernod Ricard has been in talks with its US rival Jim Beam Brands about a possible joint bid for the UK drinks group Allied Domecq, according to a press report.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a 7% rise in sales in the six months to the end of December. Here's a look at the performance of the company's major spirits, wine and Champagne brands in the yea...
Pernod Ricard has upped its focus on the US spirits market, through a "simplification" of its regional structure in the Americas, and has readied a raft of executive switches that sees several changes...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World