just a While Ago - On 12 September in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Bacardi-Martini France has taken over distribution of Patrón Spirits' Tequila, liqueur, and vodka portfolio in the country.
Bulgaria is the first European state to submit a formal objection to the European Commission (EC) over Scotland's plans for a minimum price, it has emerged.
Central European Distribution Corp's decision to erect a poison pill takeover defence follows an investment in the company by the ex-CEO of Whitehall Group.
The news last month that PepsiCo is to invest heavily in the Vietnamese market has been followed this week by a significant play in the country by another leading Western FMCG group, Heinz. Both moves give credence to a growing consensus amongst business circles that the South-East Asian country is one of a handful of emerging markets primed for reliable growth and consequently a flurry of investment from the West.
Asahi has launched a rival offer to Suntory's bid to acquire the Orangina business from private equity groups Blackstone and Lion Capital, a report has claimed.
Amazon.com, the world's largest online retailer, will start selling US-made wine on its website later this month.
UK soft drinks company Nichols has pulled out of its offer period and is no longer for sale.
Pernod Ricard has tendered its resignation from a trade body in the US.
Foster's reported today (9 September) that its newly-acquired Southcorp business made a A$54.1m net loss in 2004/05.
The chief executives of Coors and Molson are on a mission to convince Molson investors to support their proposed merger. The drive follows admissions that their efforts so far may not have secured the move.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts