just a While Ago - On 10 April in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Export sales of Scotch whisky by value were flat last year as shipments to China fell sharply, but demand in the US and India hit a record high.
On 8 April 2008, SABMiller and Molson Coors cleared a major hurdle as they moved to set up MillerCoors, their beer joint venture in the US and Puerto Rico. As the European Commission gave the proposal its blessing, MillerCoors took a large stride towards reality.
Diageo has confirmed the appointment of a permanent chief procurement officer.
Investors have got themselves all giddy over Constellation Brands' better-than-expected profits performance, leaving analysts to try and water down the optimism for the year ahead.
Innocent today (9 April) announced it has accepted a further investment by soft drink giant The Coca-Cola Co in a further sign that the firm is facing an uphill struggle.
- 2009 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
- 2008 - Focus - Premium not the only growth opportunity in spirits
Focusing on premium brands may have been a priority for spirits producers in recent years but it is economy or standard products which still drive volume growth in many markets. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International takes a look at various blended Scotch and vodka markets around the world, identifying how important standard and economy products remain and the impact they are likely to have on future growth.
Heineken is heralding the move from exporting its beer to Denmark to brewing under license as an optimistic signal for sales in the country.
- 2006 - just-drinks Closed - Easter
- 2005 - Foster's Group the buyer to be bought? Report
In spite of trying to buy up Southcorp, Foster's could itself be a takeover target in the near future, according to press reports.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
In the second part of this week's Sustainability Spotlight, Ben Cooper looks at debate, collaboration and partnership on sustainability objectives, and in particular the challenge of engaging construc...
Earlier today, Constellation Brands reported a near-26% leap in net profits for the year on an 8% rise in sales. Here, we take a closer look at the company's full-year performance by category. ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report