just a While Ago - On 1 December in...
Here's what was making the drinks news on this day in years gone by
Here's a look at what was happening on this day in...
Diageo has lined up the global roll-out of a new range of single malt Scotch whiskies from its Mortlach distillery in Speyside, as the site prepares for a capacity expansion.
C&C Group is aiming to triple the size of its international business over the next four years, with the division expected to account for a fifth of group earnings.
Consultancy McKinsey & Co has said that the first decade of the 21st Century has wiped out all efforts to lower commodity prices in the 20th Century and that volatility is here to stay.
SABMiller has strongly denied a claim that it uses subsidiaries in 'tax havens' to avoid paying millions of pounds in tax on its beer operations in Africa.
C&C Group has agreed to acquire Constellation Brands' UK cider division, The Gaymer Cider Co, for GBP45m (US$75m) in cash.
The head of France's Champagne house union has called for calm after news that sales volumes have fallen by 2.4% for the first nine months of 2008.
Scottish & Newcastle has reiterated its reluctance to discuss a potential deal with Carlsberg and Heineken.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important acquisitions over the past year, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International, and PepsiCo is looking to make up ground.
India has decided not to sign a EU-proposed multilateral wines and spirits registry. The Government has claimed that the country does not benefit from the treaty.
Heineken is to up its stake in Consolidated Breweries. The Dutch brewer said today (29 November) that it has reached an agreement in principle with a co-shareholder to increase its stake in the Nigerian-based company from 24% to a controlling stake of 50.05%.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Bihar is the latest state in India that will ban the consumption of alcohol, fulfilling an election pledge by the state's Chief Minister....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts