just a Look Around - Havana Club Distillery - video
- Havana Club's San José distillery is situated around 50km south-east of the Cuban capital
- The distillery opened in 2007 to meet demand for the firm's dark rums
- The site is spread across 17 hectares, the equivalent of 35 football pitches
- Bottling occurs at the rate of around 12,000 bottles per hour, depending on orders
- Havana Club, a JV between Pernod Ricard and state-owned Cuba Ron, produces its white rum separately at its Santa Cruz distillery
Last week, just-drinks was given a tour of Havana Club's San José distillery as part of a five-day trip as guests of the company. Sergio Valdez, Havana Club's export manager, provides the commentary.
Earlier today, Pernod Ricard reported a 7% rise in sales in the six months to the end of December. Here's a look at the performance of the company's major spirits, wine and Champagne brands in the yea...
Pernod Ricard has unveiled a super-premium, limited edition iteration of its Havana Club rum brand....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts