UK: Jura Distillery pops out the Paps
The Isle of Jura Distillery has unveiled a limited edition line of three 15-year-old single malts.
The company, which is owned by Whyte & Mackay, said late last week that it has teamed up with Colin Field, barman at The Ritz in Paris, to launch the Jura Paps, named after a trio of Scottish mountains so-called for their similarity to female breasts.
Field will launch the Jura Paps at the Islay Whisky festival later this month.
The 'Mountain of the Sound' (Beinn a' Chaolais) malt has a Cabernet Sauvignon cask finish, while the 'Mountain of Gold' (Beinn an Oir) malt has a Pinot Noir cask finish. Finally, the 'Sacred Mountain' has a Barolo cask finish.
The set of malts, to be launched on 28 May, will be available at specialist whisky stores, with each bottle signed by Jura's distiller, Willie Cochrane. The three whiskies will retail at around GBP100 (US$159) per bottle, and will be limited to 1,300 bottles globally.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Scotch Whisky Association would accept a ban on alcohol sales below tax in place of a plan to introduce minimum pricing on drinks, the trade body has said....
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country....
Pernod Ricard has announced a global extension of the 'Leave an Impression' advertising platform for the 12 year old variant of Ballantine's Scotch whisky....
A bottle of The Dalmore Oculus Scotch whisky containing malts distilled more than 140 years ago has been sold for GBP27,600 (US$46,000) at auction....
Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Cellar Collection 1973...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets