UK: Juice brand Ribena gets makeover
GlaxoSmithKline has revamped the packaging for flagship juice brand Ribena as part of a drive to reposition the product as a drink for young adults.
This year, Ribena celebrates its 70th birthday and GSK has tried to reflect the brand's heritage of growing fruit in the countryside with on-pack images of butterflies and dandelions.
GSK also wants the packaging to reflect the range of Ribena flavours, which include cranberry and blackcurrant and blueberry extensions.
The programme for Ribena, the UK's leading blackcurrant juice drink, will be supported by heavyweight trade promotional activity.
Anne MacCaig, marketing director at Ribena, said: "We're confident that the brand's new look will be popular among young adults and will help to drive brand and category growth."
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review