MEXICO: Jugos del Valle poised to buy Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission is due to meet today (5 July) to assess the deal, according to the commission's website. Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca currently produces ice cream, milk, yoghurt, cream cheese and coffee.
If the deal completes, it could also see Santa Clara' presence increase in Latin America's biggest covenience store chain, Oxxo, which is owned by Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, FEMSA.
In 2007, Coca-Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co acquired Jugos del Valle for around US$370m.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research