MEXICO: Jugos del Valle poised to buy Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission is due to meet today (5 July) to assess the deal, according to the commission's website. Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca currently produces ice cream, milk, yoghurt, cream cheese and coffee.
If the deal completes, it could also see Santa Clara' presence increase in Latin America's biggest covenience store chain, Oxxo, which is owned by Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, FEMSA.
In 2007, Coca-Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co acquired Jugos del Valle for around US$370m.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends