MEXICO: Jugos del Valle poised to buy Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission is due to meet today (5 July) to assess the deal, according to the commission's website. Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca currently produces ice cream, milk, yoghurt, cream cheese and coffee.
If the deal completes, it could also see Santa Clara' presence increase in Latin America's biggest covenience store chain, Oxxo, which is owned by Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, FEMSA.
In 2007, Coca-Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co acquired Jugos del Valle for around US$370m.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research