MEXICO: Jugos del Valle poised to buy Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission is due to meet today (5 July) to assess the deal, according to the commission's website. Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca currently produces ice cream, milk, yoghurt, cream cheese and coffee.
If the deal completes, it could also see Santa Clara' presence increase in Latin America's biggest covenience store chain, Oxxo, which is owned by Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, FEMSA.
In 2007, Coca-Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co acquired Jugos del Valle for around US$370m.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit