MEXICO: Jugos del Valle poised to buy Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca
Mexico's Federal Competition Commission is due to meet today (5 July) to assess the deal, according to the commission's website. Santa Clara Mercantil de Pachuca currently produces ice cream, milk, yoghurt, cream cheese and coffee.
If the deal completes, it could also see Santa Clara' presence increase in Latin America's biggest covenience store chain, Oxxo, which is owned by Coca-Cola FEMSA's parent company, FEMSA.
In 2007, Coca-Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co acquired Jugos del Valle for around US$370m.
The third in our five-part review of 2012 sees Ben Cooper consider how the last 12 months have treated the bottled water category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets