US: Judge gives A-B InBev, DoJ more time over Modelo deal concerns - report
The deal has faced a legal challenge from the US Department of Justice
The brewer, along with Constellation Brands, last week requested another delay to reach an agreement with the Department of Justice (DoJ), which launched an anti-trust lawsuit in January. Yesterday (9 April) Reuters reported that the request for a stay in proceedings until 23 April has been granted by the court.
A previous request for a delay was granted last month.
However, the companies said last week that an “agreement in principle” has been reached with the DoJ.
Constellation is aiming to buy out Modelo's share in their Crown Imports US sales and distribution JV, as a result of the deal. A-B InBev was also forced to make concessions on the deal in February, which will see Constellation take the perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US and acquire the Mexican brewer's Compañía Cervecera de Coahuila brewery, in Piedras Negras, Mexico.
However, A-B InBev is still facing a separate lawsuit filed last month by nine individuals seeking to block the deal.
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world....
Formed as a result of Constellation Brands’ divestment of its European and Australian operations in 2011, Accolade Wines is the world’s sixth largest wine producer. This profile analyses the company’s...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research