US: Judge gives A-B InBev, DoJ more time over Modelo deal concerns - report
The deal has faced a legal challenge from the US Department of Justice
The brewer, along with Constellation Brands, last week requested another delay to reach an agreement with the Department of Justice (DoJ), which launched an anti-trust lawsuit in January. Yesterday (9 April) Reuters reported that the request for a stay in proceedings until 23 April has been granted by the court.
A previous request for a delay was granted last month.
However, the companies said last week that an “agreement in principle” has been reached with the DoJ.
Constellation is aiming to buy out Modelo's share in their Crown Imports US sales and distribution JV, as a result of the deal. A-B InBev was also forced to make concessions on the deal in February, which will see Constellation take the perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US and acquire the Mexican brewer's Compañía Cervecera de Coahuila brewery, in Piedras Negras, Mexico.
However, A-B InBev is still facing a separate lawsuit filed last month by nine individuals seeking to block the deal.
InBev Italia’s strategy for the forecast period will be to continue its occasion-based marketing, and to promote its products. The company will concentrate its efforts on meeting consumers’ expectatio...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world....
Formed as a result of Constellation Brands’ divestment of its European and Australian operations in 2011, Accolade Wines is the world’s sixth largest wine producer. This profile analyses the company’s...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research