US: Judge & Dolph secures Diageo distribution
Judge & Dolph announced yesterday that it has been awarded the distribution rights to Johnny Walker, J& B Scotch and Tanqueray. These premium spirits highlight a portfolio awarded to Judge & Dolph that also includes 17 other signature Diageo brands.
Distribution of the new brands will begin on 1 August under Judge & Dolph's Regal Division and will include Tanqueray and Tanqueray No. Ten gins, Tanqueray Sterling and Ciroc vodkas, and Johnnie Walker, J& B, Buchanan's, Dalwhinnie, Glenkinchie, Cragganmore, Oban, Talisker, Lagavulin, Pinch, Knockando, Cardhu, Royal Lochnagar, Caol Lia and Clynelish Scotch whiskys.
"We are very honoured to be chosen to distribute these world class Diageo brands," said Judge & Dolph president, W. Rockwell Wirtz. "The addition of these premium brands to our extensive array of quality products is a testament to our outstanding partnership with Diageo."
The brands join a list of Diageo products already distributed by Judge & Dolph. In 2003, Diageo awarded rights to Judge & Dolph to distribute the signature brands of Crown Royal, Captain Morgan, Sterling Vineyards and other brands such as Gordon's gin and vodka - in addition to Judge & Dolph continuing the distribution of such brands as Smirnoff, Bailey's, Jose Cuervo and Beaulieu Vineyard wines.
"Judge & Dolph is committed to providing unrivalled service and attention to retailers and consumers," said Wirtz. "The awarding of these premium brands is a verification of the commitment of the 850 hard-working professionals we employ throughout Illinois.
"It is our goal to continue to be the premier distributor in Illinois and to be recognised across the industry as a world class house."
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Maxxium Global Travel Retail is to enter the US duty free market on 1 July 2005, when it will take over responsibility for the brand portfolios currently represented by Future Brands Duty Free and DFD...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends