US: Judge agrees to Anheuser-Busch InBev, Modelo lawsuit delay
The companies are talking to the DoJ about anti-trust concerns
District Judge Richard Roberts agreed late last week to suspend the case until 19 March, a court filing showed, after A-B InBev, Modelo and Constellation Brands said they were in talks with the Department of Justice (DoJ) over the deal. Earlier this month A-B InBev announced a series of concessions in an attempt to satisfy the DoJ's concerns.
The DoJ submitted its lawsuit last month based on the concern that the deal would harm competition in the US beer market and lead to higher prices.
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report