UK: JP Morgan rates S&N at "underweight"
JP Morgan has initiated coverage on Scottish & Newcastle today (6 September). The investment bank has rated the brewer as "underweight", saying that it is fighting a losing battle in its major beer markets.
In a research note, JP Morgan analyst Simon Hales said: "The new CEO has impressed the stock market.
"However, we think it will soon realise that the group is fighting a losing battle against fundamental maturity in its major beer markets and will de-rate the shares once more."
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends