AUS: Jose Cuervo distribution goes to Think Spirits - report
Cuervo will have a new distributor in Australia from July
Jose Cuervo's owner has agreed to hand over distribution of its full Tequila range in Australia to Think Spirits, as a replacement for Diageo, according to local reports.
New South Wales-based Think Spirits will become supplier of the range in Australia from 1 July, industry website The Shout reported earlier today (15 April). The distributor already handles Cuervo's 1800 Tequila, Gran Centenario Tequila and Agavero Tequila Liqueur brands in Australia.
Jose Cuervo's owner, Mexico's Beckmann family, has been lining up deals with other distributors as its global deal with Diageo ends in June. Renewal talks between Diageo and the Beckmann's collapsed last December.
Earlier this month, Proximo Spirits, also owned by the Beckmann family, was lined up to take on the brand in the UK & Ireland. Proximo will also handle the brand's distribution in North America, it was confirmed last month.
Think Spirits was unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
Diageo's renewed focus on its Don Julio Tequila brand in the US is producing solid growth in the on-trade, with opportunities to expand further, according to latest figures....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China