Product Launch - US: Jose Cuervo Cinge
Click through to view Jose Cuervo Cinge
Jose Cuervo Cinge
Category - Spirits, Tequila, silver, cinnamon-infused, 35% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$17.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Proximo Spirits
Jose Cuervo has added a “cinnamon-infused” expression to its namesake Tequila brand in the US. The launch of Cinge in the country this month will be backed by a US$10m media spend, as well as on- and off-premise promotions. A TV spot for the launch can be viewed below.
Both Jose Cuervo and its US distributor, Proximo Spirits, are owned privately by Mexico'a Beckmann family.
A shot of Jose Cuervo tequila already represents one of the most renowned drink rituals in history, and now Cuervo is adding some fire to the world’s number one selling tequila. Jose Cuervo Cinge, the new, natural cinnamon-infused silver tequila, is the next chapter for the family-owned brand, which has been distilled in the town of Tequila, Mexico since 1795.
A spokesperson for Proximo, the U.S. importer of the brand, said, “Cuervo ’s Master Blenders have truly taken tequila to the next level. The infusion of Mexican Cinnamon and other spices match perfectly with the clean, crisp agave flavors. This blend of bold flavor, combined with the sweet and natural cinnamon sting, is going to make for an even more exciting shot occasion. The quality and character of Cuervo Cinge is in keeping with Jose Cuervo ’s tradition, and we think our fans will love this new product.” The spokesperson also noted that in addition to being a delicious, chilled shot drink, Cuervo Cinge mixes well with hard apple cider, cola and lemon-lime soda for a perfect kick.
The Mexican scorpion will serve as the mascot for Cuervo Cinge. Proximo’s spokesperson said, “It’s in the scorpion’s nature to sting. Cuervo Cinge is innovation untamed, so it was an easy choice to have this creature represent the product.”
Jose Cuervo Cinge will be available in 50ml, 200ml, 375ml, 750ml, 1.0L and 1.75L bottles, hitting shelves this fall across the U.S. and will retail for $17.99 per 750ml bottle.
The launch will be supported by $10 million in media as well as on and off-premise promotions. The campaign will initially be launched online via social networks, but will be followed by a national campaign. Cuervo ’s agency, McCann Erickson New York, has created an animated 15 and 30 second spot, print ad and a graphic novel, inspired by the fierce nature of the scorpion — evoking the bold and fiery nature of the product and challenging spirits lovers to “get stung”.
Original source: Company Release
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research