AUSTRALIA: Jose Cuervo appoints new Australian distributor
Jose Cuervo, the world's leading Tequila company, has signed a five-year marketing and distribution agreement in Australia with Suntory Australia. Effective 1 February 2003, Suntory Australia will distribute Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado and Reserva Añtigua 1800. Hugh Barnard, commercial director, Asia Pacific, Jose Cuervo International, the global marketing division for Jose Cuervo, said: "This new agreement strengthens our distribution capabilities for our Tequila brands in Australia. Suntory Australia is a dynamic company that values long-term brand development, product quality and heritage while understanding the strategies necessary to build premium products. We commend the excellent work performed by our current distributor, Swift and Moore, but we believe our Tequila brands will have a more prominent and exclusive focus within Suntory Australia's spirits portfolio."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director