AUSTRALIA: Jose Cuervo appoints new Australian distributor
Jose Cuervo, the world's leading Tequila company, has signed a five-year marketing and distribution agreement in Australia with Suntory Australia. Effective 1 February 2003, Suntory Australia will distribute Jose Cuervo Especial Reposado and Reserva Añtigua 1800.
Hugh Barnard, commercial director, Asia Pacific, Jose Cuervo International, the global marketing division for Jose Cuervo, said: "This new agreement strengthens our distribution capabilities for our Tequila brands in Australia. Suntory Australia is a dynamic company that values long-term brand development, product quality and heritage while understanding the strategies necessary to build premium products. We commend the excellent work performed by our current distributor, Swift and Moore, but we believe our Tequila brands will have a more prominent and exclusive focus within Suntory Australia's spirits portfolio."
Seiichiro Hattori, managing director of Suntory Australia said: "We are delighted with our new relationship with Jose Cuervo. We believe Swift and Moore successfully established these Tequila brands in the Australian marketplace and we intend to continue building upon this impressive brand positioning. We are confident about Jose Cuervo's future with our Company."
Jose Cuervo, a family-owned Company, is the largest producer of Tequila throughout Mexico and around the world, exporting more than 50 million litres annually and sold in over 90 countries.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
Mexico, the US and Canada will sign an accord aimed at boosting the quality of Tequila-based produced outside Mexico, a spokeswoman for supplier's lobby Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT) confirmed t...
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends