US: Jones Soda to expand sales territory and staff
Jones to expand into three new sales territories
Jones Soda is to expand its sales territories to three new areas of the US leading to the creation of more sales jobs.
The firm said today (26 April) that recent authorisations for Jones’ core soda line will require additional resources to drive merchandising.
As a result, Jones will look to employ sales staff for the Pacific north-west, mid-west and east coast regions of the country.
“Our sales team in the US is currently seven-strong, with three more in Canada”, said Bill Meissner, CEO of Jones Soda. “We’re looking to add experienced individuals to drive execution with the twenty-plus new distributors the company has added in the last six weeks.”
Jones said it is hoping to have the additional staff in place by the end of May.
Earlier this month, the firm reported an improvement in net losses for 2009 and said it will continue to seek a buyer for the company. The company had originally agreed to be merged into Reed’s for about $9.8m in cash and stock, but has since terminated exclusive talks between the two firms in order to speak with an unnamed "third party".
Sectors: HR – personnel
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign