US: Jones Soda revenues up, earnings down in Q1
Jones Soda Co has seen its first quarter revenue increase 18.5% to US$6,874,176 compared to US$5,802,247 for the first quarter of fiscal 2004. However, net earnings of US$16,928 or US$0.00 per basic diluted share, compared to net earnings of US$287,057, or US$0.01 per basic and diluted share, for the same period last year.
Gross margin for the first quarter fiscal ended March 31, 2005 was 32.5% compared to 33.0% for the quarter ended March 31, 2004. Operating expenses as a percentage of sales were 33.8% compared to 28.1% for the first quarter of 2004.
Peter van Stolk, president and CEO said: "We were pleased with our ability to drive strong top line gains, despite the comparison from a year ago due to the launch of Starbucks. During the quarter we continued to make investments in selling, general and administration expenses, as well as the creation of new products, to better position the company for the future. As we head into our key selling season, we are extremely optimistic about our prospects and remain committed to fully capitalizing on our growing position as a lifestyle brand."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015