US: Jones Soda names COO
Jones Soda Co. has appointed Columbia Distributing Co.'s general manager as its chief operating officer.
The Seattle-based beverage company, whose portfolio includes a range of National Football League-branded CSDs, said today (4 January) that Joth Ricci will assume the position from 7 January, reporting directly to interim CEO Stephen Jones.
In his new role, Ricci will oversee sales, operations and customer service, including the company's relationship with National Beverage Corp. - with whom Jones Soda has a licence agreement - and human resources.
Stephen Jones said: "Joth has a strong marketing and operating background and fits nicely into our plans to compliment our unique Jones Soda creativity with world class strategy and executional excellence."
Ricci added: "Jones is one of the most unique companies in the beverage industry and is known for its extraordinary innovation and creativity. It's exciting for me to be joining such a dynamic organisation."
Ricci, who has been with Columbia Distributing since 2000 has also served as vice president of human resources & process improvement, and regional vice president of sales & marketing. Before joining Columbia Distributing he spent nearly 10 years with McNeil Consumer Healthcare / Johnson & Johnson.
Last month, the troubled company's chairman and CEO, Peter van Stolk, stepped down from his position. Van Stolk will remain on the board, while board members Scott Bedbury and Steve Jones took on the interim positions of chairman and CEO respectively as the company continues to look for a new boss.
In November, Jones posted a net loss for its third quarter, which slumped to US$1.5m, compared with a net profit of $194,774 in the previous year's third period.
PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company - which accounts fo...
Shares in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (7 May). Headlines accompanying the first few days of this newly-listed soft drinks group wer...
US residents have adapted their drinking routines to include more diverse products, according to the Beverage Marketing Corporation....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a lift in sales and profits for its first quarter since separating from Cadbury Schweppes....
Carbonated soft drink (CSD) and fruit beverage volumes have declined in the last three years, whilst beer is on the rise, according to a report from Beverage Marketing Corporation....
The International Council of Beverages Associations (ICBA), the worldwide trade association representing the non-alcoholic beverage industry, has adopted guidelines on marketing to children....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has begun a marketing stunt for its 7UP soft drinks brand, aligned with recent UFO sightings across Florida in the US....
AG Barr has unveiled a new range of CSDs for the UK market....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review