US: Jones Soda loses Starbucks listing - report
Jones Soda is set to have its listing in Starbucks coffee shops in the US pulled, according to reports.
The US soft drinks company has been present in Starbucks stores since 2004, but will be withdrawn from shelves this summer, local press said yesterday (14 June). Jones will not be replaced by another brand, reports said, with the space going to cold-food offerings.
No-one was available for comment at Jones as just-drinks went to press.
Last month, Jones posted a lift in sales volumes and value for its first quarter, although EPS for the period remained flat.
Volume sales in the quarter rose to 1.7m cases from 592,000 cases a year earlier. Revenues were up 4.9% to US$9.2m, although diluted earnings per share remained at $0.00, thanks to a rise in investments in personnel and promotions.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages