US: Jones Soda loses Starbucks listing - report
Jones Soda is set to have its listing in Starbucks coffee shops in the US pulled, according to reports.
The US soft drinks company has been present in Starbucks stores since 2004, but will be withdrawn from shelves this summer, local press said yesterday (14 June). Jones will not be replaced by another brand, reports said, with the space going to cold-food offerings.
No-one was available for comment at Jones as just-drinks went to press.
Last month, Jones posted a lift in sales volumes and value for its first quarter, although EPS for the period remained flat.
Volume sales in the quarter rose to 1.7m cases from 592,000 cases a year earlier. Revenues were up 4.9% to US$9.2m, although diluted earnings per share remained at $0.00, thanks to a rise in investments in personnel and promotions.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites