US: Jones Soda loses Starbucks listing - report
Jones Soda is set to have its listing in Starbucks coffee shops in the US pulled, according to reports.
The US soft drinks company has been present in Starbucks stores since 2004, but will be withdrawn from shelves this summer, local press said yesterday (14 June). Jones will not be replaced by another brand, reports said, with the space going to cold-food offerings.
No-one was available for comment at Jones as just-drinks went to press.
Last month, Jones posted a lift in sales volumes and value for its first quarter, although EPS for the period remained flat.
Volume sales in the quarter rose to 1.7m cases from 592,000 cases a year earlier. Revenues were up 4.9% to US$9.2m, although diluted earnings per share remained at $0.00, thanks to a rise in investments in personnel and promotions.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India