US: Jones Soda loses Starbucks listing - report
Jones Soda is set to have its listing in Starbucks coffee shops in the US pulled, according to reports.
The US soft drinks company has been present in Starbucks stores since 2004, but will be withdrawn from shelves this summer, local press said yesterday (14 June). Jones will not be replaced by another brand, reports said, with the space going to cold-food offerings.
No-one was available for comment at Jones as just-drinks went to press.
Last month, Jones posted a lift in sales volumes and value for its first quarter, although EPS for the period remained flat.
Volume sales in the quarter rose to 1.7m cases from 592,000 cases a year earlier. Revenues were up 4.9% to US$9.2m, although diluted earnings per share remained at $0.00, thanks to a rise in investments in personnel and promotions.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends