CANADA: Jones Soda gives Canada some WhoopAss
Canada marks the first international market for Jones Soda's WhoopAss
Jones Soda has launched its WhoopAss energy drink in Canada.
The move marks the brand's first move beyond the US WhoopAss. Jones Soda said today (8 June) that it has seen strong sales in the US since the brand's revamp last year.
The firm entered the Canadian market in 1996, and currently sells Pure Cane Soda, Zilch zero sugar and 'myJones' customisable labelled soda in the country. It will now add WhoopAss and WhoopAss Zero to the list.
In addition, the US soft drinks firm has signed a one-year sponsorship deal with Canadian football team the Toronto Argonauts. The Argonauts will be included in select Jones' advertising initiatives, including point of sale displays.
"Jones has roots dating back to Canada ... so we are always looking for opportunities to integrate in the market and give back," said Jones Soda's CEO, Bill Meissner.
The suggested retail price for a can of WhoopAss in Canada is C$3.49 (US$3.63) to C$3.69.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research