US: Jones Soda expands retail distribution with Walmart
Jones' beverages will be available in around 3,800 of Walmart’s stores
Jones Soda has signed a deal with Walmart, which will see the beverage firm's products appear in the US retailer’s stores.
The deal, announced yesterday (27 May), increases Jones’ total retail outlet distribution in the US by around 10%. Its beverages will be available in around 3,800 of Walmart’s stores.
“Walmart greatly expands our distribution footprint and makes our product accessible to everyone, which is something the Jones Soda brand has always stood for,” said Jones' CEO, William Meissner. “We are incredibly energised by the growth potential this Walmart expansion brings.”
The deal was secured following a trial of Jones’ six-packs in 750 Walmart stores. Walmart said it plans to have Jones' beverages in nearly all of its US stores by the end of May.
This month, Jones Soda narrowed its losses in the first-quarter as a result of cost cutting measures. The firm said it continues to explore strategic partnerships and financing options that would benefit the company and shareholders.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018