US: Jones Soda expands retail distribution with Walmart
Jones' beverages will be available in around 3,800 of Walmart’s stores
Jones Soda has signed a deal with Walmart, which will see the beverage firm's products appear in the US retailer’s stores.
The deal, announced yesterday (27 May), increases Jones’ total retail outlet distribution in the US by around 10%. Its beverages will be available in around 3,800 of Walmart’s stores.
“Walmart greatly expands our distribution footprint and makes our product accessible to everyone, which is something the Jones Soda brand has always stood for,” said Jones' CEO, William Meissner. “We are incredibly energised by the growth potential this Walmart expansion brings.”
The deal was secured following a trial of Jones’ six-packs in 750 Walmart stores. Walmart said it plans to have Jones' beverages in nearly all of its US stores by the end of May.
This month, Jones Soda narrowed its losses in the first-quarter as a result of cost cutting measures. The firm said it continues to explore strategic partnerships and financing options that would benefit the company and shareholders.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team