US: Jones Soda ends Seattle Seahawks sponsorship
Jones Soda said it wants to return its attention to grassroots marketing initiatives
Jones Soda has ended its sponsorship deal with the Seattle Seahawks.
The US soda firm said yesterday (29 June) that it wants to return its attention to "grassroots marketing initiatives" after three years as the American football team's soft-drink sponsor.
“The Seahawks partnership was great for Jones Soda providing brand awareness, retail activation and involvement with one of the elite NFL franchises,” said William Meissner, CEO of Jones Soda.
“We achieved everything and more than we originally set out to do with Qwest Field and the Seahawks organisation. The return of our focus on Jones core 12oz flavours in glass bottles and our need to support our efforts in markets from coast to coast created a shift in our marketing mix.”
The firm said it will now look at initiatives that focus on a nationwide audience, including samplings and events throughout the US.
Earlier this month, Jones Soda secured access to up to US$10m in extra funds after signing an equity financing deal with Glengrove Small Cap Value Ltd.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends