US: Jones Soda appoints director
Jones Soda has announced the appointment of Mills Brown to its board of directors, as the under-pressure soft drinks group looks to improve performance.
Brown has worked on several capital investment projects, including a golf course and a residential complex, in his position as a founder of MainSpring Capital Group, a real estate development & investment company, as well as its affiliated brokerage, Ross Brown Partners.
MainSpring currently has interests in projects with asset values of more than US$400m, Jones said, announcing the move yesterday (11 December).
Jones' third quarter loss deepened to $5.3m this year, compared to $1.5m in the same period last year. In October, the firm announced plans to cut 38% of its workforce, reflecting tough times on the North American soft drinks market.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends