US: Jones Soda appoints director
Jones Soda has announced the appointment of Mills Brown to its board of directors, as the under-pressure soft drinks group looks to improve performance.
Brown has worked on several capital investment projects, including a golf course and a residential complex, in his position as a founder of MainSpring Capital Group, a real estate development & investment company, as well as its affiliated brokerage, Ross Brown Partners.
MainSpring currently has interests in projects with asset values of more than US$400m, Jones said, announcing the move yesterday (11 December).
Jones' third quarter loss deepened to $5.3m this year, compared to $1.5m in the same period last year. In October, the firm announced plans to cut 38% of its workforce, reflecting tough times on the North American soft drinks market.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015