US: Jones in $30m private placement
Jones Soda has entered into an agreement with institutional investors for a private share placement worth US$30m.
The placement includes 3.16m shares of Jones' common stock, at a per share price of $9.50, and will close by 16 June 2006. Piper Jaffray & Co acted as the sole placement agent for the private placement, and ThinkEquity Partners as the financial advisor.
"We are pleased with the successful and quick execution of this equity financing," said Peter van Stolk, CEO and president of Jones Soda. "This financing will provide us with additional funding to accelerate our key corporate initiatives in North America and abroad."
The company also said that net proceeds from the placement will be used for working capital and general corporate purposes.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends