GLOBAL: Johnnie Walker retains Power 100 top spot - poll
The Power 100 list, produced by consultancy Intangible Business, said the Scotch whisky brand has “harnessed the international popularity of premium Scotch” through new variants, while still being supported by its “strong heritage and reputation”. It also pointed to a 10% rise in net sales for the brand in the past year.
Whisk(e)y was also crowned the leading category in the wine and spirits market, with Scotland named the top country for producing brands for the ninth consecutive year.
In second spot in the overall Power 100 list was another Diageo brand, Smirnoff. The consultancy said the vodka had benefitted from “careful brand management against pressure from the highly-competitive US vodka market”.
The agency said that increased spending from Western consumers had also buoyed the market for “high-end craft-aged brown spirits”, including Bourbon.
However, Cognac suffered overall in the list due to the slowdown in China sparked by government measures relating to an anti-corruption drive.
The list assesses the financial contribution of each brand alongside its strength in the eyes of the consumer, Intangible Business said. It is compiled by combining scores from a panel of “some of the world’s leading drinks industry experts” with hard data, the agency said.
The brands are rated according to share of market, future growth, premium price position, awareness, relevance, heritage and brand perception.
For a full list of the Power 100, click here.
Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Brown-Forman is among the leading forces in the advancing whiskies category while the iconic Jack Daniel’s brand secures the company an enviable place in the booming bourbon segment. This report exami...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts