GLOBAL: Johnnie Walker retains Power 100 top spot - poll
The Power 100 list, produced by consultancy Intangible Business, said the Scotch whisky brand has “harnessed the international popularity of premium Scotch” through new variants, while still being supported by its “strong heritage and reputation”. It also pointed to a 10% rise in net sales for the brand in the past year.
Whisk(e)y was also crowned the leading category in the wine and spirits market, with Scotland named the top country for producing brands for the ninth consecutive year.
In second spot in the overall Power 100 list was another Diageo brand, Smirnoff. The consultancy said the vodka had benefitted from “careful brand management against pressure from the highly-competitive US vodka market”.
The agency said that increased spending from Western consumers had also buoyed the market for “high-end craft-aged brown spirits”, including Bourbon.
However, Cognac suffered overall in the list due to the slowdown in China sparked by government measures relating to an anti-corruption drive.
The list assesses the financial contribution of each brand alongside its strength in the eyes of the consumer, Intangible Business said. It is compiled by combining scores from a panel of “some of the world’s leading drinks industry experts” with hard data, the agency said.
The brands are rated according to share of market, future growth, premium price position, awareness, relevance, heritage and brand perception.
For a full list of the Power 100, click here.
Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Bacardi Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research