US: Johnnie Walker looks to lure Internet users
Johnnie Walker has opted to invest in an Internet tool that will encourage traffic through the company's website.
The whiskey brand has combined with ID Society and Shaw Wunderman to design a desktop tool, called KEEP Version 2.0, that allows consumers to access all their Internet needs from one source on their PC.
The tool is designed to boost membership of the company's Striding Man Society and expand traffic to the Johnnie Walker site, where a demo of the software can be viewed. It includes branded screensavers, bookmarks for favourite sites, popular Internet searches, Johnnie Walker events, customised label ordering, and music download content.
"The KEEP 2.0 is truly a dynamic desktop application that allows consumers to experience the Johnnie Walker brand and access cutting-edge technology through a slick, but simple interface," said Philip Colicchio, director of account services, ID Society. "It is designed to bring Internet functionality to your desktop, as well as serve as a simple launching pad for many of the useful Web tools you use everyday."
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has had to postpone its plans to publish self-regulatory guidelines on drinks sponsorship because of a failure to find consensus on the subject. Ben ...
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
With European markets becalmed and continued economic uncertainty in the US, the emerging markets of Brazil, Russia, India and China have assumed even greater importance for Diageo. Richard Woodard as...
Diageo is to fund European research into how to stop those who drink-and-drive from becoming repeat offenders....
Diageo could close its operations in Turkey if it is forced to pay up in a tax row with the country's government, just-drinks understands....
The German arm of wine and spirits giant Diageo has posted a slight increase in sales for its fiscal 2005/2006....
Diageo is celebrating the opening of its new logistics hub for its Asia Pacific business....
Israel is to change its alcoholic beverages tax structure....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research