UK: Johnnie Walker holiday push targets Indian consumers
The company's UK unit said today (17 October) that, from October to December, Johnnie Walker Black Label would have a strong physical presence in all major trade outlets, independent retailers and on-trade outlets which attract a high proportion of Indian consumers in the country.
The company will provide wholesale and retail outlets with new branding and visibility items, which will be supported by a promotion for on-trade customers building on the Johnnie Walker relationship with Formula 1 motor racing.
Diageo said Indian consumers historically have a strong relationship with Johnnie Walker Black Label, both in the UK and abroad, and over the past four years the brand had continued to expand its reach and relationship with its consumers in the UK through various campaigns.
"The Indian population in the UK demonstrate great loyalty to the brand, and we want to maintain our relationship with our consumers," said James Pennefather, marketing director for premiums and whiskies at Diageo GB. "Johnnie Walker Black Label as a brand is synonymous with aspiration, ambition, drive and ultimately success, all of which resonate strongly with Indian audiences."
Pennefather continued: "There are close to 12,000 Indian restaurants across the UK and a growing number of dedicated Asian bars opening up; it is critical that we provide them with the necessary materials and marketing support to actively promote Johnnie Walker Black Label."
Focusing on premium brands may have been a priority for spirits producers in recent years but it is economy or standard products which still drive volume growth in many markets. Jeremy Cunnington of E...
Well's & Young has launched a television sponsorship campaign for the Red Stripe beer brand with a cult Channel 4 music show in the UK....
CL WorldBrands has announced the appointment of Brian Woods to the position of senior marketing manager for rum....
Diageo has distanced itself from musical artists who "glorify violence" in Jamaica....
Diageo is upping the presence of its international brands in India, with the launch of Baileys and the relaunch of Johnnie Walker Gold Label....
William Grant & Sons has appointed a senior vice president of sales for its US unit....
The Irish Competition Authority (ICA) has confirmed the timescale under which it will consider Heineken's Irish side of its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets