UK: Johnnie Walker appoints global RM agency
Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has appointed ARC as its global relationship marketing agency.
Johnnie Walker marketing director Charles Allen said: "Johnnie Walker has developed relationship marketing programmes across a representative spread of our markets.
"We have taken valuable insights from that work and now believe the time is right to deploy RM in a consistent global way. In doing this, we are taking exactly the same approach used on our advertising where we have one agency delivering one campaign across all our markets.
"ARC has been appointed because they have a proven record in RM and will work in effective partnership with us, building what we have already achieved in our markets into an effective and consistent global RM capability for Johnnie Walker.
"I am delighted to have ARC working with the Johnnie Walker brand team. It's going to be a very exciting time for both partners. ARC Worldwide has the international reach Johnnie Walker needs and we look forward to working with the ARC London team who will lead on the account."
Mike Spicer, managing director of ARC London said: "This is a very important moment for ARC Worldwide. We will be working with one of the world's great global brands and we have a fantastic opportunity to show what RM can do across all Johnnie Walker's 200 plus markets.
With 2003 sales totalling 11.4 million nine-litre cases in more than 200 markets, Johnnie Walker is the best selling Scotch whisky brand in the world.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets