UK: Johnnie Walker appoints global RM agency
Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has appointed ARC as its global relationship marketing agency.
Johnnie Walker marketing director Charles Allen said: "Johnnie Walker has developed relationship marketing programmes across a representative spread of our markets.
"We have taken valuable insights from that work and now believe the time is right to deploy RM in a consistent global way. In doing this, we are taking exactly the same approach used on our advertising where we have one agency delivering one campaign across all our markets.
"ARC has been appointed because they have a proven record in RM and will work in effective partnership with us, building what we have already achieved in our markets into an effective and consistent global RM capability for Johnnie Walker.
"I am delighted to have ARC working with the Johnnie Walker brand team. It's going to be a very exciting time for both partners. ARC Worldwide has the international reach Johnnie Walker needs and we look forward to working with the ARC London team who will lead on the account."
Mike Spicer, managing director of ARC London said: "This is a very important moment for ARC Worldwide. We will be working with one of the world's great global brands and we have a fantastic opportunity to show what RM can do across all Johnnie Walker's 200 plus markets.
With 2003 sales totalling 11.4 million nine-litre cases in more than 200 markets, Johnnie Walker is the best selling Scotch whisky brand in the world.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future