UK: John Smith's extends Grand National tie-up
John Smith's has extended its sponsorship of the Grand National horse race.
The Scottish & Newcastle-owned bitter brand, which took over as sponsor from Pernod Ricard's Martell Cognac last year, will be the race's official sponsor until 2010, the brewer confirmed yesterday (14 November).
The initial deal had been for three years, but John Smith's will now back the event for a further three years, with an option to renew for another three years after that. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
"Pairing 'The People's Pint' with 'The People's Race' has produced a major force in beer marketing and we are delighted with the multi-layered contribution the sponsorship has made (to) the John Smith's marketing programme," added Nigel Pollard, head of sponsorship & PR at Scottish & Newcastle UK.
"The new three-year extension to the sponsorship agreement will enable Aintree and Scottish & Newcastle to grow and develop still further the world's best-known steeplechase and Britain's number one ale."
Charles Barnett, managing director of Aintree Racecourse, added: "It remains an ambition of Aintree Racecourse and Scottish & Newcastle to increase the total prize fund of the John Smith's Grand National to GBP1m (US$1.9m) during the course of the sponsorship agreement and today's announcement takes us a step nearer to realising that aim."
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Pernod Ricard is switching distribution for its Seagram's Coolers in the US....
Pernod Ricard has recorded a lift in Q3 sales, thanks in part to a strong performance during the Chinese New Year....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Stolichnaya has lined up a cinema advertising campaign in the UK as part of a fresh global push for the vodka brand....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu has launched a competition online, hosted by YouTube.com, to promote its new tropical banana flavoured drink....
Stolichnaya is set to open its LA-based Stoli Hotel and introduce a website to the public this week....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends