AUS: JMB brings aluminium bottle to Australian wine industry
An aluminium bottle for wine has been launched as a major innovation in Australia's competitive wine sector by JMB Beverages Pty Ltd.
The company's new Brightlite range of wines are contained in fully recyclable, shatterproof and lightweight bottles, lined with what the company calls "an approved food grade coating".
JMB also noted today (10 May) that it uses "a modified stelvin type cap which rules out any cork taint".
The aluminium wine bottle is the first of its kind to go on sale in Australia and JMB hopes to attract sales from the under 30s, who have been gradually switching away from wine to spirits.
The new range is available in three variations of red, white and rosé, each with an abv of just 6.5%.
The first premium wine trial of a natural cork closure in Europe has begun....
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits