SOUTH KOREA: Jinro sale may begin in December
South Korea's troubled spirits producer Jinro Ltd could officially go under the hammer next month, according to press reports.
Dow Jones news services, quoting a person familiar with the situation, said today (11 November) that Jinro had already attracted a "high level" of interest among possible bidders. The report said that between 10 and 20 parties had expressed an interest.
It is thought the bidding could fetch US$2 bln for the business.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends