S KOREA: Jinro auction date set
Jinro Ltd. will be put up for auction in March. The South Korean liquor company confirmed its intentions today (31 January).
"According to the court's decision on the company reorganisation plan, we will sell the company through competitive bidding," Jinro said in a statement. Interested parties should submit letters of intent to the lead manager, Merrill Lynch & Co., by 14 February. Potential buyers will be permitted to conduct due diligence between 17 February and 29 March, Jinro confirmed.
The company plans to receive final proposals by 30 March. A preferred bidder will be required to deposit KRW70bn (US$68.3m) and sign a binding memorandum of understanding before entering negotiations.
Local media reports suggest that Doosan Corp., Jinro's biggest rival in the traditional liquor market, CJ Corp., Hite Brewery Co. and Lotte Group are interested in buying Jinro. Foreign companies including Japan's Kirin Brewery Co. are also thought to be interested in the liquor company.
The sale price of Jinro is currently estimated at between KRW2 trillion and KRW2.5 trillion, according to local media.
Jinro was placed in receivership in 2003, after its debts rose to KRW1.72 trillion.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014