US: Jim Beam launches new Academy Website
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Website for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders.
The Spirits Academy (www.spiritsacademy.com) offers a large selection of topics ranging from Prohibition and tasting etiquette to in-depth explanations on distilled spirits production and labelling. A searchable database provides links and descriptions of most brands and visitors can win branded merchandise and other rewards such as barware collections and neon signs for participating in quizzes, on-line tutorials, and sweepstakes like the search for the best bar joke.
The site was launched earlier this year after Kentucky-based Jim Beam marked a historic milestone, filling its ten-millionth barrel of bourbon.
Spokesperson and 'dean' of the Academy is actor George Wendt, better known as Norm, the corner barstool fixture of the US sitcom Cheers.
In the fourth in our series of reports on key family-owned wines and spirits groups, Ben Cooper and drinks industry analyst Canadean look at Rémy Cointreau, a company which has swum against the tide b...
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends