US: Jim Beam continues NASCAR sponsorship
Jim Beam has extended its sponsorship deal with Robby Gordon Motorsports in the US. The company confirmed on Friday (20 January) that it will continue its agreement as the primary sponsor of the No.7 Chevrolet driven by team owner Robby Gordon for a designated number of races during this year's NASCAR Nextel Cup Season.
Financial details were not disclosed.
"Jim Beam is committed to motorsports and to supporting the only team owner/driver in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series today," said Brian Gallagher, manager of Jim Beam Racing. "We admire Robby's passion for racing and his determination to succeed as both a driver and a team owner. We look forward to continuing our sponsorship of Robby Gordon Motorsports in 2006."
As last year, Jim Beam will use its sponsorship to activate the Jim Beam Racing drink smart initiative. In 2005, Gordon donated US$100,000 from a fund provided by Jim Beam to colleges and universities to fund alcohol education programs. This year's Jim Beam Racing drink smart program will be announced at a later date.
Jim Beam also sponsored Gordon's team in the Dakar Rally earlier this year.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends