US: Jim Beam continues motorsport sponsorship
Beam Global Spirits & Wine plans to continue its partnership with Robby Gordon Motorsports (RGM) and its Jim Beam Bourbon brand in the US in an effort to expand its presence in the car racing sector.
The US-based company said late last week that Jim Beam will sponsor the "No. 7 Jim Beam Dodge" during the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as well as the "No. 55 Dodge Charger" in the Nationwide Series season.
The Bourbon brand will also continue its partnership with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which sees it as an official sponsor of the 92nd running of the Indianapolis 500, as well as continue its sponsorship of the Lowe's Motor Speedway and Team Penske IndyCar Series, the company said.
Race fans will get the chance to win a VIP trip for four to attend both the Indianapolis 500 and the NASCAR 600-mile race at Lowe's Motor Speedway as part of signing up to the brand's website.
Jim Beam motorsports marketing manager Brian Gallagher said: "We have modified our racing sponsorships in 2008 to better reflect our brand philosophy, 'The Stuff Inside Matters Most'. Robby Gordon has shown that he has the stuff inside - the competitive spirit - that Jim Beam fans relate to and respect, and we look forward to continuing our support of Robby and the race team. We also understand that race fans follow many forms of motorsports, including NASCAR, IndyCar Series and off-road."
Robby Gordon added: "We appreciate Jim Beam for supporting our team for a fourth straight year. With our recent eighth place finish at Daytona, we have shown that we can be competitive as an independent race team, and believe that the continued support of Jim Beam at events such as the Dakar Rally Hummer will bring us a successful 2008 season."
This month, the company filled its 11 millionth barrel of Jim Beam. The feat marks the first time Beam has filled 1m barrels of the spirit in under three years. Last year, revenue growth for Jim Beam Bourbon grew at a double-digit rate, the company noted, with worldwide consumption breaking 6m cases.
Fears are growing that Mexico's tequila industry will face severe shortages, as farmers switch from the blue agave plant to so-called cash crops such as corn....
Maxxium has lined up a travel retail promotional event at Munich Airport inspired by the city's Oktoberfest....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched 'Le Nez de Courvoisier' programme for its Cognac brand in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed details of its off-trade programme for the US this Autumn....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched a raft of technological partnerships to promote its Hornitos Tequila brand in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched the latest push for its Teacher's Blended Scotch brand in the UK....
A bid by US firm Frank Pesce International Group for the global rights to Stolichnaya vodka has been rejected by brand owner SPI, just-drinks understands....
Fortune Brands has elected a new director to its board....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly