UK: J&G Grant adds next generation to board
J&G Grant, owner of Glenfarclas Scotch, has appointed a sixth-generation member of its founding family to the board of directors.
New apointee, George Grant, joined the company in 1997 and spent two years promoting Glenfarclas in Hong Kong. He has since been responsible for Glenfarclas sales in North America, Germany and the UK, helping to increase global sales by 75% over the past four years, J&G Grant said last week.
J&G Grant chairman, John Grant, said: “It is a pleasure to welcome George to the board. He has done an excellent job in challenging times over the last few years, and we are confident that as sales director he will continue to grow our brand around the world.”
In January, J&G Grant launched a Glenfarclas 18 Years Old exclusively in Travel Retail.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts