BULGARIA: JF Hillebrand targets wine with Bora Shipping buy
JF Hillebrand has high hopes for Bulgarian wine
Global wine and spirits logistics firm JF Hillebrand has acquired Bora Shipping in Bulgaria.
The company confirmed today (23 July) that the purchase – for an undisclosed sum – is part of its plan to expand into the Eastern European wine market.
“Anticipated funding for the (Bulgarian wine) industry, following Bulgaria’s recent European Union membership, will help the industry market its wines for export and this has encouraged JF Hillebrand to further invest for the future,” the company said.
The investment will up Hillebrand’s presence not only in Bulgaria, but also in the Romanian and Serbian import and export markets, where Bora Shipping also operates.
“We are delighted to welcome Bora Shipping to the JF Hillebrand Group,” said Bernd Jordan, Hillebrand’s area manager for Northern Europe. “Eastern Europe is an emerging wine market with huge potential for growth and development. The combination of Bora Shipping’s local expertise, alongside JF Hillebrand’s global network, means we are now perfectly positioned to serve the needs of this market.”
Boris Christov, the manager of Bora, will manage Hillebrand’s activities in Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia.
Bora is headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria and was founded in 1998.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research