EUROPE: JF Hillebrand makes Meerendonk buy
JF Hillebrand completed the purchase of Meerendonk last week
JF Hillebrand has upped its presence in the Netherlands and Belgium through the purchase of Meerendonk Advanced Logistics.
The transaction, announced late last week, sees JF Hillebrand's Benelux division take control of Meerendonk, which has offices in Ridderkerk and Antwerp. Founded in 1985 by current owner Michel van den Meerendonk, the company operates in the importation of wine for both importers and retailers in the two countries.
“All of Meerendonk’s 22 staff will now join the JF Hillebrand team,” a spokesperson for Hillebrand told just-drinks late last week. “This takes the total head count in Benelux to 46 full-time employees.”
Hans Schipper, MD of JF Hillebrand Benelux, added: “There are a great many synergies between our businesses, with many of their activities seamlessly connecting to our activities. In addition, their expertise in areas such as customs clearance will be a great extension of our service portfolio.”
Financial details behind the purchase were not disclosed.
The Future of the Wine Market in Belgium to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in Belgium, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified Wi...read more
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report