SWEDEN: JF Hillebrand acquires Lagena Distribution
Hillebrand will maintain two separate units in Sweden after the purchase
JF Hillebrand has upped its presence in Sweden with the purchase of alcoholic beverage distributor Lagena Distribution from Systembolaget.
The global beer, spirits and wine logistics provider confirmed earlier this week that it has bought the Stockholm-based firm from the alcohol retail monopoly. Systembolaget’s board took the decision in April to sell Lagena, as part of an effort to increase its focus on core operations. Financial details behind the transaction were not disclosed.
Lagena's current brand and management team will remain in place and the firm will continue to focus on warehousing and distribution in Sweden. JF Hillebrand Sverige, meanwhile, will focus on the existing freight forwarding business in Sweden.
“Lagena is an important strategic acquisition for our expansion in the Nordic countries,” said Gérard Desbois, CEO of JF Hillebrand Group. “The sales process has taken just under six months and attracted the attention of numerous potential purchasers, so naturally we are delighted to have reached an agreement.”
Per Öhagen, managing director of Lagena, added: "We very much welcome this acquisition, which we see as both an interesting development opportunity and an excellent fit between the business models. The new owner has been very well received by the management team and all staff, and we believe that we have a bright future ahead of us.”
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research