SWEDEN: JF Hillebrand acquires Lagena Distribution
Hillebrand will maintain two separate units in Sweden after the purchase
JF Hillebrand has upped its presence in Sweden with the purchase of alcoholic beverage distributor Lagena Distribution from Systembolaget.
The global beer, spirits and wine logistics provider confirmed earlier this week that it has bought the Stockholm-based firm from the alcohol retail monopoly. Systembolaget’s board took the decision in April to sell Lagena, as part of an effort to increase its focus on core operations. Financial details behind the transaction were not disclosed.
Lagena's current brand and management team will remain in place and the firm will continue to focus on warehousing and distribution in Sweden. JF Hillebrand Sverige, meanwhile, will focus on the existing freight forwarding business in Sweden.
“Lagena is an important strategic acquisition for our expansion in the Nordic countries,” said Gérard Desbois, CEO of JF Hillebrand Group. “The sales process has taken just under six months and attracted the attention of numerous potential purchasers, so naturally we are delighted to have reached an agreement.”
Per Öhagen, managing director of Lagena, added: "We very much welcome this acquisition, which we see as both an interesting development opportunity and an excellent fit between the business models. The new owner has been very well received by the management team and all staff, and we believe that we have a bright future ahead of us.”
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015