FRANCE: Jeanjean makes two acquisitions
Jeanjean has paid a reported €3.8m for the purchase of family firm, Rigal, based at Parnac. This will give the company an entrée into the AOC market from Bergerac to Fronton and in particular around Cahors.
Rigal posted sales of €17m in 2002.
Having bought Rhone Valley traders, Ogier and Leonce Amoroux, Jeajjean has not ruled out further acquisitions.
The group has also acquired 58% of the capital it did not control in "bag in box" specialist, Le Cep Francais, based near Montpellier. The company packaged 3.8m "bibs" in 2002, 80% bound for export, which generated sales of €21.3m.
Jeanjean posted a net income in 2002 of €2.27m (+17.2%) from a turnover of €136.2m (+9.7%). Exports accounted for a third of sales.
In this month's Just the Answer, Christian Delpeuch, president of the CIVB (Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux), discusses how Bordeaux is tackling over-production and innovating to compete...
Interest gathers for Taittinger and Lanson. In stark contrast to most of the French wine industry, sales of Champagne have been growing steadily and it is no surprise to find that the possible sale of...
The powerful Bordeaux et Bordeaux supérieur wine union has voted to block bulk sales of wine when prices fall below EUR1,000 (US$1,178) a barrel....
Five candidates out of a total of 15 have been short-listed for the purchase of Champagne house Lanson International, formerly Marne & Champagne, according to French media reports....
US wine importer Paterno Wines International has added the Loire wine producer Langlois-Chateau to its portfolio....
For the first time in the history of French wines, producers of the superior AOC label have been instructed by the sector's governing body, the Institut National des Appellations d'Origine (INAO) , to...
The French wine industry's troubles are unlikely to be helped by this year's harvest as preliminary figures predict a bumper crop, placing more pressure on winemakers who are still struggling to sell ...
One of the leading administrators in the French wine industry has said the industry is finally embracing the "revolutionary" reform needed to cope with declining sales, overproduction and intense comp...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research