FRANCE: Jeanjean Bordeaux buy faces legal action
Les Grands Chais de France has launched an appeal against the sale of Bordeaux négociant Antoine Moueix Lebègue (AML) to French wine group Jeanjean.
Les Grands Chais, which was in the running for AML, made the appeal alongside former AML director Jose Gracia.
"Mr Gracia was not happy with the decision of the Cognac tribunal (which allowed Jeanjean to buy AML last November). He wanted it to be Grands Chais de France," Jeanjean group director Brigitte Jeanjean told just-drinks today (13 February).
She declined to say more until the Bordeaux appeals court resolved the matter. The court's decision is due on 19 March.
St. Emilion-based AML, which employs about 100 people, was in liquidation when Jeanjean bought it. Jeanjean had announced plans to invest EUR3m (US$3.9m) in AML over two years.
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering - Coeur de Cognac - with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company's announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
Radico Khaitan has posted a slight dip in net profit for its latest quarter....
Cognac production will increase 27% this year, according to figures from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy lift in first half operating profit....
Pernod Ricard has posted a slight lift in sales for its full-year....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy rise in sales for its first fiscal quarter of 2007....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China