FRANCE: Jeanjean Bordeaux buy faces legal action
Les Grands Chais de France has launched an appeal against the sale of Bordeaux négociant Antoine Moueix Lebègue (AML) to French wine group Jeanjean.
Les Grands Chais, which was in the running for AML, made the appeal alongside former AML director Jose Gracia.
"Mr Gracia was not happy with the decision of the Cognac tribunal (which allowed Jeanjean to buy AML last November). He wanted it to be Grands Chais de France," Jeanjean group director Brigitte Jeanjean told just-drinks today (13 February).
She declined to say more until the Bordeaux appeals court resolved the matter. The court's decision is due on 19 March.
St. Emilion-based AML, which employs about 100 people, was in liquidation when Jeanjean bought it. Jeanjean had announced plans to invest EUR3m (US$3.9m) in AML over two years.
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering - Coeur de Cognac - with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company's announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
Radico Khaitan has posted a slight dip in net profit for its latest quarter....
Cognac production will increase 27% this year, according to figures from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy lift in first half operating profit....
Pernod Ricard has posted a slight lift in sales for its full-year....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy rise in sales for its first fiscal quarter of 2007....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends