FRANCE: Jeanjean and Laroche announce merger
Jeanjean and Laroche are to merge, the two French wine groups announced yesterday in a deal that values Laroche at EUR24.7m (US$36.4m).
The deal, which remains subject to the approval of the AMF, will create one of France's leading wine producers with over 1,450 hectares of vineyards and a turnover of about EUR200m, with almost 50% of that coming from abroad.
The new group will be named once the merger has taken place.
The deal will see Jeanjean absorb Laroche by offering to buy 11% of Laroche's capital for EUR13.38 per share. Jeanjean will also offer to exchange its own shares for the remaining capital of Laroche.
Antoine Leccia, CEO of Jeanjean said: "This merger... is essential to meet the challenges of the wine world." He added that the deal would provide long-term synergies and "significant cost savings".
Michel Laroche, CEO of Laroche, said: "In a difficult economic climate, this merger with the group Jeanjean offers us tremendous opportunities for growth. By pooling our expertise [the deal] gives us the means to continue the development of high-end brands both in France and abroad and greatly improve the profitability of the two groups."
In a statement released to the Bourse, Jeanjean said it will launch a capital increase of between EUR5m and EUR7m in order to boost the shareholders equity of the new entity.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages