US: JBB acquires Wild Horse Winery
Effective immediately, Peak Wines International will oversee all operations of Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards including marketing and distribution. Wild Horse Founder Ken Volk will remain president and director of winemaking at Wild Horse under Peak Wines' ownership.
"My goal for the last 22 years has been to develop Wild Horse as the premier winery brand of Paso Robles and the Central Coast. I view this acquisition as a merging of two of California's most talented winemaking teams. Working with my production staff, and with the commitment from Peak Wines International, I look forward to the opportunity to produce the finest wines ever at Wild Horse ," said Volk.
The acquisition includes Wild Horse's wine production facilities, inventory and 48 acres of surrounding vineyards. Brands included in the sale include Wild Horse, EQUUS and Cheval Sauvage. Under the new ownership, all Wild Horse employees will become part of the Peak Wines International group.
"We have tremendous respect for Ken Volk and his entire team, and are intent on preserving the quality platform he worked so diligently to build. Our vision is to continue to raise the quality bar at Wild Horse to craft world-class wines that can compete at the highest levels," said president and CEO of Peak Wines International, Stephen Brauer.
Robert Nicholson of International Wine Associates, Healdsburg, California served as the strategic financial advisor to Wild Horse.
Jim Beam Brands Worldwide (JBB) has appointed Bill Newlands as head of its new US wine business which will be created following the completion of the acquisition of Allied Domecq's US wine operations ...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research