US: Jamba sees Q4 sales climb
Q4 is the first positive quarter of company-owned comparable store sales increase since 2007 for Jamba
Jamba Inc, producer of Jamba Juice beverages, has reported a slight increase in fourth quarter like-for-like sales at its stores.
In a trading update last week, the soft drinks maker said it achieved 0.2% growth in company-owned, comparable store net sales for the three months ended 28 December. The increase, Jamba said, reflects sequential improvement during the last six of seven quarters.
It is the first quarterly increase in company-owned comparable store sales since 2007, it said. The group has not released full-year figures or full results for the fourth quarter.
"Even though we faced a tough operating environment, particularly in California where the majority of our stores are located, we made significant progress against our 2010 'blend plan'," said James White, chairman, president and CEO of Jamba Juice. "We have nine license agreements in place, with four Jamba-branded product lines commercialised into retail. We saw increased attachment and traffic as a result of our marketing initiatives and the continued innovation of our menu offerings."
Looking ahead, the firm forecast a 2-4% rise in comparable store sales in 2011, an operating profits margin of 18-20% and to develop 50-70 locations in traditional, non-traditional, and express formats.
Click here to view the full trading update.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research