US: Jamba sees Q4 sales climb
Q4 is the first positive quarter of company-owned comparable store sales increase since 2007 for Jamba
Jamba Inc, producer of Jamba Juice beverages, has reported a slight increase in fourth quarter like-for-like sales at its stores.
In a trading update last week, the soft drinks maker said it achieved 0.2% growth in company-owned, comparable store net sales for the three months ended 28 December. The increase, Jamba said, reflects sequential improvement during the last six of seven quarters.
It is the first quarterly increase in company-owned comparable store sales since 2007, it said. The group has not released full-year figures or full results for the fourth quarter.
"Even though we faced a tough operating environment, particularly in California where the majority of our stores are located, we made significant progress against our 2010 'blend plan'," said James White, chairman, president and CEO of Jamba Juice. "We have nine license agreements in place, with four Jamba-branded product lines commercialised into retail. We saw increased attachment and traffic as a result of our marketing initiatives and the continued innovation of our menu offerings."
Looking ahead, the firm forecast a 2-4% rise in comparable store sales in 2011, an operating profits margin of 18-20% and to develop 50-70 locations in traditional, non-traditional, and express formats.
Click here to view the full trading update.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research