SINGAPORE: Jailed APB manager appeals sentence
Lawyers for the former Asia Pacific Breweries executive jailed earlier this month have appealed against the sentence. Chia Teck Leng, who was sentenced to 42 years , has appealed after he pleaded guilty to defrauding four foreign banks of S$117m while working at the company.
Only S$35m has so far been recovered. The remainder is believed to have been spent in casinos around the world by Leng.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018